Burns Road Community Center- Construction Information
The modernization and expansion of the place that is known as “the heart of Palm Beach Gardens” will begin September 2023. The Burns Road Community Center has served our community since 1983. After conducting a Service Analysis Survey in 2020, the Recreation Department learned which programs the community wanted and created a plan to reflect the desires of the public. The Burns Road Community Center building will be closed for the entire period of construction starting in September of this year.
- Partially demolish 43,114 square feet of the existing building
- Build a modern, two-story design (58,775 square foot facility)
- 2- refurbished gymnasiums
- 1- Wellness Studio
- 3- Multipurpose rooms (1 specifically for STEM programming)
- 1- Tot activity classroom
- 2- Dedicated art studios
- First floor- community lobby and social space
- Second floor- dedicated space for cultural arts programs
- 6- family restrooms; 12- additional restrooms
- Staff offices
- Designed with enhanced security layout and features
WHAT IS STAYING THE SAME?
- Existing locker rooms will remain
- Two attached gymnasiums will remain and will be refurbished
- The Aquatic Complex will remain open for its normal season
WHAT WILL CHANGE?
- General public camps and Schools Out camps will not be offered during the construction closure. Specialty camps with limited registration will be available. Please consult the GardensLife brochure or www.pbgfl.com/programs
- A portion of the parking lot will be open for access to the BRCC playground and the Aquatics Complex.
- Those using the BRCC Playground will have access to the public restrooms adjacent to the Lakeside Center.
Architect- OLC Architects
Builder- KAST Construction
PROJECT COST: $30 Million
- Architectural Design & Construction Administration: $2.2 Million
- Construction: $27.8 Million
Recreation Impact Fees, 2023 Public Improvement Bond, General Fund- Budget Stabilization
CONSTRUCTION START DATE:
September 5, 2023
COMMUNITY CENTER OPERATIONS UPDATE:
- The Community Center will close to the public beginning August 20, 2023.
- Select programs will continue to be provided at alternate facilities:
- Senior Programs- Mirasol Center
- Art/Dance Programs- Mirasol Center
- Tot Programs- The Gardens North County District Park and Mirasol Center
DATE OF COMPLETION: